CODE OF CONDUCT FOR MEMBERSHIP AND PARTICIPATION
SERGEANTS TOWING AUTO AUCTION
12175 N PORTLAND RD, PORTLAND OR 97217
PHONE: (503) 283-6282 FAX: (503) 283-8948
Auction Yard Hours of Operation: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Thursday, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm Friday
1. All persons entering the auction facility must present valid photo id at the office. In order to bid on a vehicle, all persons wishing to bid on a vehicle must sign up for a bidder number and pay a $5.00 fee for the membership.
2. All bidders are required to be members in good standing and present both a bidder card and valid picture id to enter the auction area. Members in good standing may bring guests, but guests may not bid on vehicles unless they register as a member. All children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Members and their guests may not bring pets into the auction facility with the exception of licensed service animals.
3. Only members in good standing will be allowed to place absentee bids and only with the express permission of Management. Any absentee bids must be submitted via fax at (503) 283-8948 prior to 9:00 am the day of the auction. A credit card must be placed on file and the deposit of $100.00 per car will be applied to the card before the bid will be considered live. There will be a 5% processing fee for the deposit. In the event that the absentee bidder does not win the vehicle, the $100.00 will be refunded to the card by the close of business auction day, less the 5% processing fee. Sergeants Towing reserves the right to cancel any absentee bid at any time at its sole discretion.
4. The successful bidder on any vehicle will be required to tender immediately a $100.00 cash deposit to an auction attendant at the time the vehicle is won.
5. Sergeants Towing reserves the right to approve or disapprove final transfer of auction vehicles to the successful bidder even if the auctioneer says “sold”.
6. While quantities, descriptions and capacities are believed correct, there are no guarantees and Sergeants Towing will not be held responsible for advertising discrepancies and inaccuracies.
7. All vehicles sold through Sergeants Towing Auto Auction should be assumed to have mechanical issues.
8. Members and/or guests may not tamper with, remove, dismantle or damage any vehicle located on Sergeants Towing property. This includes removal of batteries, electrical connections, fuses or keys. Any member or guest who violates or is suspected of violating this rule will be removed from the auction immediately, have their membership or the membership of the person who’s member number they signed in under revoked and be turned over to the Portland Police for prosecution.
9. All vehicles are sold AS-IS with no warranty expressed or implied as to the condition or drivability of the vehicle, nor the condition of the title on file with the Department of Motor Vehicles. (if any) It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to ensure the vehicle meets his/her requirements before bidding on the vehicle. All sales are final.
10. All buyers are advised to have all the vehicles purchased in the auction towed out of the auction facility. It is the buyer’s sole responsibility to make sure that the vehicle is legal and roadworthy before attempting to drive an auction purchase on any public right of way.
11. All vehicles must be paid for and the buyer must have a Bill of Sale in hand before a vehicle purchased in the auction will be released to the buyer. If a buyer wins multiple vehicles, ALL vehicles must be paid for at the same time. It is the responsibility of the buyer to arrange funding for purchase. No vehicle will be allowed to leave the auction facility until all vehicles are paid in full.
12. Vehicles may be paid for by cash, Visa or MasterCard. (a 5% processing fee will be added to the price of the vehicle if using a credit/debit card).
13. All vehicles purchased at the auction must be titled with DMV prior to the reselling of the vehicle.
14. All vehicles must be paid for and removed no later than 4:00 pm on the date of auction or 12:00 pm on Friday. Any vehicles left on the lot beyond this point will be assessed a $50.00 late fee if picked up on Friday. If not picked up on Friday, all vehicles will be forfeited along with any deposits applied.
15. No vehicle may be left in the parking lot outside of the auction yard past noon on the Friday following the auction without the permission of Management unless a valid parking pass is in the vehicle. Any vehicle left past this point will be impounded without notice at the buyer’s expense.
16. A temporary parking permit may be purchased in the auction office for $30.00. These permits will allow a vehicle to be left in the front lot for the weekend following the auction. All permits will expire at noon on the Monday following the auction. Any vehicles still on the lot at this time will be impounded without notice at the buyer’s expense.
17. No vehicle may be repaired or worked on while on Sergeants Towing property. This includes the auction yard itself as well as the parking lot outside the gates. Any person repairing a vehicle on the property without express permission from management will be asked to leave the property, and the vehicle will be impounded at the buyer’s expense.
18. Sergeants Towing is not responsible for loss or damage to vehicles or their contents parked in the parking lot.
19. Open toed shoes are not allowed in the auction facility.
20. Members or guests may not cross any posted boundary line or roped off area at any time.
21. Members and guests are required to follow the instruction of Auction employees. Failure to comply will result in removal from the auction.
AUCTION FEES AND CHARGES
BUYERS FEE: 10% of the sale price. Applies to any items sold at the auction including but not limited to cars, trucks, buses, motor homes, trailers, boats, campers, motorcycles and personal property.
PROCESSING FEE: A $10.00 processing fee will be assessed against all purchases.
LATE FEE: $50.00 per vehicle. Applies to all vehicles not picked up by 12:00 pm on the Friday following the auction.
IMPOUND FEE: Any vehicle not removed from the parking lot in the time specified in the Code of Conduct will be impounded under the City of Portland Private Property Impound guidelines and associated fees will be assessed against the buyer.
PARKING PERMIT: $30.00 for a temporary parking permit that allows a vehicle to be parked in the lot until 12:00 pm on the Monday following the auction.
REPRINT FEES FOR LOST PAPERWORK
Bill of Sale: $15.00
Possessory Lien Certificate: $45.00
City of Portland Certificate of Sale: $45.00
Note: Reprints may take up to 14 days and will only be made out to the original buyer. No transfers.
1. RUNS: Auction staff was able to start the vehicle ONCE while staging the auction. Vehicle may not start on the day of the auction. If you did not hear the vehicle run, ASSUME THAT IT DOES NOT.
2. DRIVES: Auction staff were able to engage the transmission and move the vehicle FORWARD AND BACKWARD APPROXIMATELY 1 FOOT. Vehicles are not test driven to evaluate for any other criteria. If you do not see the vehicle moving during the preview time, ASSUME IT WILL NOT DRIVE.
3. AS IS WHERE IS: There is no guarantee, expressed or implied concerning any vehicle sold through the auction. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to investigate each vehicle during the preview time.
BY signing below I hereby do affirm that I have read, understand and received a copy of the rules, fees and definitions applicable to the Sergeants Towing Auto Auction. I also agree to follow all of the rules stated on this notice or stated to me verbally by auction staff. I understand that if I violate any of the above stated rules or refuse to follow the instructions of staff I will be asked to leave and refusal will result in the loss of my membership privileges and prosecution for Trespass.
_____________ ________________________________ ___________________________
DATE Print Name Signature
City, State, Zip ID (Type and #)
Email (optional) Assigned Bidder #